FoodALYT D Steam Distillation Units
The Steam Distillation Units FoodALYT D are small ‘all-rounders’ in sample preparation. With these devices, proteins, nitrate, nitrite, ammonia, volatile acids, ethanol, formaldehyde, etc. can be measured in different samples. A typical field of application is the treatment of subsequent Kjeldahl digestion, by distilling ammonia in an acid receiver. Furthermore, volatile preservatives in canned fish or meat salads are distilled to subsequently carry out a photometric determination. Also steam distillation is used to separate alcohols in spirits (e.g. egg or cream liqueurs) for later quantitative analysis. The unique versatility of the FoodALYT D units are underlined by its additional use in water- and environmental chemistry for the determination of volatile organic acids (e. g. sewage sludge).
With FoodALYT we provide experienced and praticable systems – made in Germany – with a balanced cost-benefit ratio. All products are CE conform and certified.
- Stand-by operation between distillations.
- Extremely simple and fast programming per one-button operation.
- Start / Stop of the distillation via time setting.
- Optical and acoustic fault alarms.
- Door contact safety switch.
- Menu designed in various languages.
- Separate rinsing programme.
- Programmable reaction and distillation time.
- Automatic steam generation.
- Steam generating capacity adjustable from 30 to 100 %.
- Filling level monitoring for canister set.
- Various glass digestion vessels usable.
All steam distillation units are delivered as complete systems incl. glassware.
Fields of application:
FoodALYT D 1000
Automatic addition of NaOH.
FoodALYT D 1000 SP
Direct distillation into calibrated vessel.
Incl. 50 ml pycnometer.
Mains supply: 230 V / 50 Hz
Power: 1700 W
Cooling water usage: approx. 3 l / min
Distillation: approx. 2 to 3 min per sample
Reagent containers: any size – F-KS canister set recommended
Dimensions (W x D x H): approx. 41 x 39 x 71 cm